- To politely tell someone to turn off the volume of her Angry Birds game on her iPad in a waiting room. It’s worth the uncomfortable 30 seconds of asking for the 30 minutes of quiet.
- To draft tweets to someone with no intention of ever sending them!
- To turn your phone off and pretend like it’s 1995. If you need me, you can page me.
- To write therapeutic blog posts in a Word document. It’s our generation’s version of a diary.
- To be jealous of someone else’s wardrobe… and to use it as inspiration for your own.
- To know every single line from Barbie: A Perfect Christmas (from babysitting…) and for the catchy song to be stuck in your head for three days straight.
- To watch Google Analytics Real Time like it’s television.
- To tell yourself that a guy will never ever distract you… and then be distracted by one for a month.
- To be both totally ready and totally not ready to graduate.
- To insist on getting a short skinny vanilla latte daily.
I love these!!! Unfortunately, it takes me a long time before I can come up with ten different ones (ones that I am willing to share that is!!!), so I can’t post as frequently as I wish! I think they are always quirky and show funny personality traits 🙂
Share your own in a comment!
I love Glamour, and I love These Happy Miles 🙂
I was laughing really hard at Christine’s latest “Hey, It’s OK!” post because some of the things are so me. (For example, I have an embarrassing tendency to accidentally say, “Bye, love you” when hanging up the phone… for everyone.)
Hey, It’s OK…
- To pretend that Pandora is really a mix tape that a boy gave you…
- To use the floor as a desk when your actual desk isn’t big enough.
- To subsist on coffee because it’s too cold to go outside.
- To want to find a football player for a boyfriend just because you’re obsessed with Friday Night Lights.
- To register for your last semester of classes and be really, really, really excited about it.
- To read Harry Potter all weekend long instead of going out.
- To change a contact in your phone to “Do Not Text” and another to “Do Not Pick Up”
- To carry around a pro/con list of why I should/shouldn’t get an iPad
- To have a countdown until Thanksgiving break in your planner.
- To consider chapstick makeup and call it a day!