I’ve been getting lots of questions via email, Tumblr, and Twitter about favorite bedding sources for back to school. Shopping for dorm bedding, especially for freshman year, is quite exciting. Before you figure out where you want to get your bedding from there are a few things to keep in mind.
1) Ask current students or look in online discussion boards about what kind of beds your dorm has. I know at Georgetown some dorms are the typical dorm room Twin XL, but there is at least one dorm that only has regular twin beds. Better to find this out now!!!
2) Realize that beds in a dorm room are more than beds. They’re couches, kitchen tables, desks, etc. With limited space, your bed is prime seating. White and other light colors can (and most likely will) get really dirty.
3) If you’re like me, you’re going to have your bedding for a long time so you should make sure it won’t go out of style and you won’t get sick of it.
4) If you have a Twin XL bed, note that you can use a regular twin size comforter. The sheets, however, must be XL.
5) Definitely invest in a mattress topper. Look through magazines and mailers for Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons!
Okay, ready to shop???
Tommy Hilfiger sheets are perfect for dorm rooms. If you decide on a plain colored comforter, you can buy a few sets of sheets and swap them out every time you wash them. You’ll always have a new look for your room!
(I have the top set… pink and green with the palm trees… Love it!)
Serena & Lily‘s collection of children’s bedding is perfectly sophisticated.
Garnet Hill offers twin sized Lilly Pulitzer bedding that can be coordinated with your roommate!
PB Teen basic bedding can be mixed and matched… they come in all sorts of pretty colors. (I like the green!)
Decor 2 Ur Door lets you match your bedding with your sorority.
Where are you getting your bedding from this year?