I love riding boots. A pair of riding boots was one of the first things I bought when I knew I was leaving Florida for colder weather in DC. My mom bought them for me during a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and they have served me very, very well through the years. (I still have them!) They’re nearly perfect boots. Unfortunately, they have a big logo on the side and I’m not as keen on wearing logos at this point in my life.
Enter: Madewell Carlotta Tall Boot
Madewell Carlotta Tall Boot Review
Then, I saw my friend Kelly wearing these Madewell riding boots– a gorgeous color, they hit her leg at just the right spot, the heel was the perfect height. I texted her asking if they were as good as they looked and she said, “Yes. Get them.” Kelly was right. They are amazing!!!
And the best part: THEY ARE 50% OFF THIS WEEKEND!
I always get a little iffy about buying shoes, especially boots, online so I wanted to give you my honest review of the Madewell Carlotta tall boots. The tldr is that they fit true to size and are comfortable right out of the box, even with no cushioning inside they’re fine to wear all day!
And here’s the full review:
– They’re beautiful in person. I think they photograph really, really well but it’s worth mentioning how striking they are in person too. I went with the “English Saddle” brown and they’re the perfect light brown– not too orangey which sometimes can happen.
– They fit TRUE to size. With boots I’m never sure what to do. But I rolled the dice and ordered my usual size 7 and they fit great, even with thicker socks.
– I got the regular calf size and like how there’s a bit of space around my entire leg. Since there’s no zipper, I think it’s the most comfortable. (No tugging to get them on and they slip right off at the end of the day with ease.) If you think you need more space, the boot comes in a wide calf version as well (also 50% off).
– I’m just under 5’6″, BUT I have legs on the shorter side. I wouldn’t say they’d officially be categorized as petite but they’re in between normal and petite. And I really like where the boot hits my leg at the top– just below my knee cap. I think it’s the most flattering look, elongating my legs while still making it more than comfortable to bend my knee fully.
– These boots are also that perfect type of style that can be worn casually or a little more dressed up. I obviously wear a lot of jeans, but totally think they’d look great worn with tights and a skirt, or a short dress… and if you’re feeling cool even a midi or maxi length dress where the top portion of the boot is covered.