- Visit The Met, MOMA, Guggenheim, The Cloisters, and The American Museum of Natural History. (I’ve been to a couple of these, but I need to go back!)
Travel to another country. (My postponed trip to Paris is still in the works!)
- Take a trip solo! (Maybe a personal beach weekend alone?)
- Go to a ballet. (Can you believe I haven’t been to a ballet in the city yet?)
- Throw a dinner party. (Note to self: Must find more chairs for my apartment.)
Be featured in a magazine… or write for one. (Queries, here I come.)
- Take a cooking class. (Because I’d rather use someone else’s oven than mine.)
- Unplug completely for a full 24 hours. (#unplug)
- Stop drinking soda. (No more poison.)
- Attend a midnight showing of a movie. (Already planning on Divergent… March 2014)
- Leave a 100% tip. (I love this and can’t believe I haven’t ever done it before.)
- Finish writing my book! (Long time coming people, long time coming.)
- Run a 5k. (Who’s with me?)
- Skydive. (Welp.)
- Go apple picking! (Every year I plan on doing this and it never happens!)
- Take a class with General Assembly. (I’m dying to sign up!)
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies. (I have refused to watch the last one until now!)
- Go to a concert. (I’ve only been to two– High School Musical & Backstreet Boys)
- Ice skate in Central Park. (With a date, well wouldn’t that be nice?)
- Collaboration/Project with Mackenzie. (So many things in the works already!)
- Eat something with Ketchup. (I know, crazy times.)
- Visit Georgetown again. (I haven’t been back on campus since graduation.)
- Get acupuncture. (DYING to go. Everyone at work raves about it.)
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. (Seems like I should, you know?)
Have my palms read. (One part terrified, one part intrigued)
I really can’t believe I’m 24 today. That’s serious mid-twenties. Wasn’t I just counting down the moments until I was in the double digits? Wasn’t it just yesterday that I was waiting anxiously to get my drivers license… to go to college… to move to New York City?
I feel like every year goes by faster. I’ve accomplished a lot so far and I’m just beyond excited (and ready) to accomplish even more. I have a feeling that this year is going to be the best one yet.
Mackenzie has a 101 in 1001 list, but it’s way too intense for me! I opted to do a 25 before 25 list. (Which in some ways makes me feel like I’m turning 25… sheesh! I have a whole year for that one.)
Between today and my 25th birthday, I want to accomplish everything on this list! I think it will be a fun way to do some things that I really have always wanted to do. Some will push my outside of my comfort zone. All will be amazing memories.
Now here’s the thing. I’m not going to be competitive with myself. I will not beat myself up over not accomplishing everything. I am going to do this for fun and document it along the way.
Have you ever made a “bucket list”? What’s on yours?