The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale has usually already launched by now. I started to wonder if if they were skipping this year and I knew a bunch of you guys wondered too because I was getting DMs and emails about the date. Well… I have the OFFICIAL word that it’s on!
It’s happening September 10-12th! So mark your alarms and calendars.
One thing that I really like about the sale happening after Labor Day is that you’ll be able to stock up on great summer pieces at the best prices as a little surprise for your closet next summer. I bought a coverup during last year’s sale and legit wore it more than any other coverup this summer. My 2018 self was very glad that my 2017 self had purchased it 😉
If you’re unfamiliar, this is the biggest sale that Lilly does. They do a smaller one during the winter, but this is the BIG one with the most product and styles available. Everything is marked down to ridiculously good prices. If you missed out on a previous piece or pattern or style, now is your time to get it!
The sale gets crazy, so I’ll share the FAQ and tips I share every year:
– The sale will start in stores on the 8th and 9th, but the online sale (which will have the most styles and biggest inventory) kicks off at 8 am EST on the 10th.
– Lilly will have a virtual line again! If you have shopped the sale before, you know the drill. If this is your first sale, just know that it’s REALLY important to not refresh your page when you get a spot in the line. If you do, you’ll get kicked to the back! Even if you have a crazy high number, be patient and don’t refresh!
– Get ready before the sale by pre-registering an account on Lilly’s website. Make sure you have the correct shipping and billing addresses and credit card information.
– This year, they are saying that they will not be adding more styles throughout the week. Honestly, I like this because when you do your shopping, you’ll know you’re seeing the full available inventory and won’t have to wonder if you’d miss something later in the week or have to make more purchases later.
– Be patient and kind! As usual, the volume of traffic is HUGE. There’s a lot of Lilly lovers out there 🙂 If the site goes down, try not to get too frustrated. Know that everyone is doing their best, and at the end of the day, it’s just a sale.
If you can’t wait for the sale and want to shop now, I can’t recommend this tunic dress enough. It comes in two gorgeous prints, including this navy and white mermaid tail pattern. It’s flirty and short. You can wear it with espadrille wedges for a beachy night out, over a bathing suit as a coverup if you’re going for a swim, or with sandals for just an easygoing daytime look. I just love when Lilly adds white trim to dresses, like on this one. I found it to fit true to size, I got the XS.