I’ve been sharing on and off the things kind of getting me through the days. Things I’m grateful for. What’s motivating me. Things that excite and inspire. I feel like each time I do I need to preface the post by saying… life is *not* all sunshines and rainbows at the moment, but I am focusing so, so hard on trying to keep my “face to the sun” so to speak. (Because otherwise, things can get real dark, real fast. 😩)
Five things right now…
(1) I am on a major audiobook kick. I used to tolerate audiobooks and only really enjoyed a specific genre– mostly memoirs narrated by the authors themselves. Now? I can listen to anything and I love the audiobook experience so much that I’m finding myself wishing I had picked audiobook over physical book. (Really.)
(2) My mornings are so much better with the StoryTeller App by Morgan Harper Nichols. THANK YOU to everyone who recommended it to me a couple of months ago. I think Morgan is such a talented artist and poet. I set the app to “alert” me to the daily post at 8am. By then I’ve had one cup of coffee, cleaned the kitchen, done my French lessons, and taken care of the dog. Usually I’m already on my computer but I take the five minutes to read the daily message which always (ALWAYS!) inspires me to have a better day. Somehow she knows exactly what to say right at the right time.
(3) I try to get on the Peloton every other day, coordinating with my hair wash schedule, haha. I cannot believe how much I love it. I thought Mike was ~insane~ for buying it and now I thank him every time I jump off that bike dripping in sweat. And I hate sweating bu apparently love it now?! Who. Am. I?
(4) Sewing is sparking all the joy. I think having a physical product at the end of the day is a big part of it. But the biggest part is how much I love figuring this new “skill” out. It’s partly just following instructions, which I always appreciate, but there’s problem solving and trouble shooting too. So satisfying to complete projects and I LOVE seeing my nieces in the dresses. I think I’m going to do more of a dedicated series to the sewing adventures… stay tuned for it.
(5) I was so excited for Emily in Paris to come out on Netflix, but really didn’t love the first couple of episodes. I stopped watching and then…. something drew me back in? I couldn’t tell you what inspired me to try it again, but I did and I am now into. It’s not the highest quality show ever produced– it’s kind of cheesy. It feels like a Disney show with more adult content? Maybe it’s just the year where cheesy, light-hearted content is needed. I’ll take it.
What tops your gratitude list right now?