This is kinda heavily Rowing themed… so bear with me.
A. Three names I go by
I’m changing this one to “Three names by rowers call me”
- CARLLLLLLL- you must watch this to get the pronunciation
- The Shoe Lady- this drives me absolutely crazy… If you don’t mind hearing me swear, then you should watch the most recent video I posted on my Facebook (If you friend me, include a message that you follow my blog… I’m very protective!)
- Pickles. I hate this one. HATE it. But it seems to be their favorite.
B. Three places I have lived-
“Three places I have coxed”
- I learned how to cox at a summer camp at Princeton. Hardest, most challenging, and most frustrating week of my life. But I’m so glad I “took the easy road” and signed up as a coxswain.
- The Palm River (Plant High: Tampa)-
- The Potomac River (Georgetown: Washington, DC)- [one of my fave pictures! All the HW coxswains took out a “coxswain 4”)
C. Three of my idols-
Honestly, I’m not one to idolize. Every person has at least one quality that is admirable.
D. Three things I like to look at-
I’m going to change this to “Three websites I like to look at” (besides Gmail, Blogger, Facebook, Twitter)
- Row2k Picture of the Day
- Google analytics… Frankly, I’m obsessed with numbers
E. Three places I’ve been-
Okay, I’m changing this to “Three places where I’m going to race in the next three weeks”
- April 17- Pelham, NY
- April 24- New Brunswick, Nj
- May 1- Philadelphia, PA
F. Three of my proudest accomplishments-
Can you guess what I’m going to change this to? “Three of my proudest crew accomplishments”
- As a rower: I beat my 6k PR on a 2K… I know, it means I wasn’t pushing myself hard enough on the 6ks, but seriously it was awesome and completely unexpected… I surprised EVERY one including my coach AND the men’s coach.
- 2nd place at Southeast regionals my Junior year. In retrospect, it really isn’t a huge deal… But I LOVED every minute of that regatta. The boys I were coxing were amazing and I love everyone of them to this day (they were little Freshmen then, and now they’re graduating High school!)
- Not quitting ever. This is literally a big accomplishment for me. I can’t tell you how many times I went home crying and swearing that I was done. Forever. And the next day, I would be going to practice. I don’t think I can explain how much I love crew. I also really hate it. But that’s what makes me love it even more! I have done EVERY sport in the entire world (pretty much), but never stuck with it… I wrote my whole college essay about how I was a quitter (until crew obviously).
G. Three things I love to eat
“Three things I love to eat, but can’t because I have to stay below the coxswain weight.”
- Georgetown Cupcakes… they’re average cupcakes, but when they’re FREE, they taste so much better
- Popcorn- I am obsessed with stove popped popcorn, but at school, I get my fix with microwaveable
- TWIZZLERS- any type of candy really, but particularly Twizzlers
H. Three things I want to be someday-
“Three things I want to be better at coxing someday”
- More confident
- Less nervous
- I think those two will take enough energy
I. Three things I’m looking forward to this year-
“Three things I’m looking forward to with crew!”
- Racing with the FUN V- if you have to ask, you’ll never understand 😉
- Long bus rides- haha NOT (the picture is from a ride in high school, we made tents. We were cool)
- Not having to bundle up now that it’s warm!